Platform Engineer / DevOps - £80K - 2 days remote
Working with a large Banking client, we are on the search for an experienced Platform Engineer to join their dedicated Digital Engineering team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Solid experience of working in a high-pressure, large-scale, global environment.
- Solid understanding of Java application containers
- Solid understanding of Web Servers; Apache, IIS
- Solid understanding of Web Security - Web Application Firewalls & API Security Gateways
- Experience of working with Application Development and business teams.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Solid understanding of distributed multi-tier architectures.
- Solid understanding of change control procedures and incident reporting methodologies.
- Automating infrastructure provisioning - IaaS & Automating application delivery - PaaS
- Successful, proven experience (minimum 3 years) in similar function within a large multi-functional environment.
- Very good working knowledge of financial services industry.
- Experienced in the technical implementation of key business applications through Test and into Live Service.
- Significant experience of different delivery methodologies (waterfall, agile/SaFE/LeSS/kanban/xp)
- Supporting Cloud First strategy: using AWS, Azure, IBM, Google & Oracle & SaaS servers
- UNIX/RHEL/Ubuntu with strong scripting experience
- Microsoft Windows server platforms 2012 and 2016 with IIS 8.5 and .Net
- CM & Automation - Ansible Tower; Puppet Enterprise, Octopus; Urbancode
- Strong technical knowledge of environments management and configuration orchestration technologies (e.g. GIT, Bitbucket, Team City, Artifactory, Nexus,. Concourse or other tools for continuous integration / continuous delivery)
- Testing tools & frameworks, e.g. Selenium; Microfocus Silk Suite, Cucumber, Zephyr
- Monitoring & Analytics - ITRS; Nagios; Datadog: AppDynamics, New Relic; Splunk (ELK presumably), Sumlogic
- Containers - Use of Docker, Kubernetes, PKS and OpenShift - (ITSIO)
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Server Load Balancer and Application Switching technologies (i.e. (Citrix NetScaler or F5 BigIP). AVI Networks
- Understanding of PKI, LDAP & Single Sign On Technologies
- Building Orchestration using infra restful services Hashicorp Enterprise Toolset - Vault; Consul; Terraforms, Sentinel
- SpingBoot frameworks - Tomcat; Vert.x
- Cloud Foundry - Pivotal PCF; IBM Bluemix
- Development - Java EE, Python; Perl; Go
- Event Driven Architecture
- NoSQL - MondoDB; DynamoDB; Couchbase
- MemCache - Redis; Hazelcast; AeroSpike
- API Management/G/W - CA L7, IBM DP, Apigee; Tky; Kong, NGINX+
The incoming Platform Engineer can expect to receive a competitive package (to£80k) with a strong benefits package and flexible working environment. You will be working from their state-of-the-art offices based in Edinburgh City, you will work with a group of enthusiastic engineers who thrive on new technologies!!